30 Sept 2009

Happy Childrens' Day!
1st October is Childrens' Day in Asia or rather,Singapore, not sure about the other parts of Asia.
Missing my boys terribly,unable to web cam with them as the web cam was confiscated by my ex and on the one occasion that we managed to do it, the video and sound quality was very very poor. When can I see them?I've no idea, missing Shane especially, wanna hold him in my arms. Have they both grown taller? The little one is bigger or has he lost weight? It's been 2 months since I have last since them and I hope that I get to have a video talk with them tomorrow, Joe, my brother is visiting them this weekend, hopefully,he will bring his laptop so that I can see the kids online.
Cooked beef daube and left it overnight then cooked another 2 hours today, the beef was soft and nice, everyone likes it, I'm glad that everyone enjoyed the dinner.
Tomorrow, we will try to finish the expansion of the shed, another day of cement mixing and brick laying, dinner is at the Bistro down the road, the parents are looking forward to eating there. The Bistro was opened late last year and business has been rather good,. However, it will be the parents' first trip there. Deco is nice, food not bad too.
In the past few days, there's been a few natural disasters in Asia. Tsunami in the Philippines 2 days ago and the 7.6 earthquake in Indonesia today. My heart went out to the people who lost their loved ones. The Tsunami reminded me of the one in 2006 where hubby and I nearly went to Krabi but decided to spend Christmas in the UK instead. We sat there watching footage of the damages and were glad that we were safely at home with the family. The earthquake in Indonesia caused tremors in Singapore and Malaysia, friends in both countries were able to feel the tremors, perhaps it happened so often that most of the are immune! When they feel the shaking,they simply assumed and rightly know that it's an earthquake from Indonesia. Wonder if Singapore or Malaysia really has an earthquake one day, would they be prepared or just simply brush it off as an off-site tremor?

No comments:

Post a Comment