18 Sept 2009

Went for my knitting group meeting again last night.
Travelled to Aberdeen alone on the bus and reached Aberdeen more than 40 mins later. I think on my last trip from Stonehaven back home,the bus driver probably charged me a return ticket price instead of one way. Anyway, my return ticket to Aberdeen was 4.80 quid.
Walking along the streets of Aberdeen on my own was a new experience, I got to browse the various shops at my own leisure, enjoyed the freedom of browsing through racks and racks of clothes,Primark is amazing, you can get decent quality and design shirts for 1 pound!Here, all your purchases can be returned in 28 days as long that they are in saleable conditions. That's great.Cassia, a lady from the knitting group, is a real bargain hunter and a regular of the chain. Love shopping with her. She's from Houston,very petite, a size 8 and so slim.
Had dinner at Bollywood Tandoori at Union Street, really nice lamb curry.Can't wait to have it again with hubby. A little pricy though.
As a lot of ladies can't make it last night,therefore the turnout was quite small so we left early at 9,35pm, I had to wait till 10.40 for my bus in the cold. Thank god I had my hoodie with me.
The bus ride was very long and kept stopping,turning into various villages.By the time I alighted, it was 11.34pm, the road was dark,almost missed my stop. The walk from the bus stop was about 15 minutes and it was so cold that I was shivering and the road badly-lit. Fortunately, there was a lady who got off the bus together with me and we chatted on the way.
When I reached home, there's lights in the kitchen and the living room, turned out that my mother-in-law was waiting for me,to ensure that I got home safely. She even had the kettle on so that I can have a hot cup of tea. Seriously, after living alone for so many years where I returned to a dark, empty house, what my mother-in-law did was really touching, I felt so welcome,that I was returning to a real,warm home. Thank you,mum. What you did may seem insignificant to you but it did touch my heart. That was something that even my own parents will not do. Thank you,hubby for sharing your lovely parents with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment